DMASWA Compost Facility
The DMASWA Compost Facility is located at the Dubuque Metro Landfill on Highway 20 approximately 2.5 miles west of the Northwest Arterial intersection. For more information, call 563-557-8220 between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Materials which may be dropped off for a fee are leaves, grass clippings, trees, brush, and tree limbs.
Policy changes regarding yard debris and compost effective Monday, July 12, 2010:
- Large loads of "grass only" will be accepted from DMASWA pre-approved customers at no charge.
- Large loads of "wood chips only" will be accepted from DMASWA pre-approved customers at no charge.
- The fee for other yard debris and mixed yard debris will remain at $26.19 per ton.
- Compost will be sold for $20.00 a ton, with a 2 ton/$40 minimum.
- The sale of compost will be on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be conducted on Thursdays from 8 a.m. to noon. Customers should call (563) 557-8220 to check on availability.
These policy changes reflect the recommendations from the DMASWA's Compost Task Force. Members of the DMASWA's Compost Task Force included yard debris generators, customers, compost vendors, contractors, and DMASWA staff. For more information, contact the DMASWA Administrator at (563) 589-4250.